Barcelona Test Two – Day Four
Lewis & Nico wrap up successful second week of testing for the F1 W07 Hybrid
|Date:||Friday 04 March 2016|
|Circuit:||Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya|
|Drivers:||Lewis Hamilton (AM), Nico Rosberg (PM)|
|No of Laps:||Lewis Hamilton 69, Nico Rosberg 70|
|Circuit Length:||4.655 km|
|Kilometres Covered:||Lewis Hamilton 321 km, Nico Rosberg 326 km|
|Best Lap Time:||Lewis Hamilton 1:24.133, Nico Rosberg1:26.140|
|Weather:||Clear, Dry, Mild|
MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS concluded the second pre-season test of the 2016 season today at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, with Lewis Hamilton at the wheel of the Mercedes-Benz F1 W07 Hybrid in the morning and Nico Rosberg in the cockpit during the afternoon.
- Lewis emerged for his first run at 09:00, completing 69 laps until a mechanical failure in the transmission cut his morning session short at 12:50. Nico emerged from the garage at 15:00 and completed a further 70 laps in the afternoon – finishing for the day at 18:00
- Today’s programme focused on further set-up work over shorter and longer runs
- Mercedes-Benz Power Units today completed a total of 1797 km
- The team completed a total of 1,294 laps during pre-season testing, equivalent to over 19 Grand Prix distances
- The team will now return to Brackley to prepare the F1 W07 Hybrid for its Grand Prix debut in Melbourne, Australia, in two weeks’ time
It’s been an amazing two weeks for the team. The guys have done an amazing job to get the car to where it is especially given the fact we’ve done more mileage in pre-season than we’ve ever done before. I’m kind of glad I broke the car at the end of my final run today because it’s better to have found something now than in Melbourne! I’m looking forward to putting the car through its paces at the first race and will be preparing myself mentally over the next few weeks. The car feels good and I’m really excited to go racing in 2016.
This afternoon was probably the best the car has felt for me all the way through winter testing, so that was a really positive way to end the week. We have done so many miles in the past two weeks, so we can feel well prepared for Melbourne, and the team has done an incredible job to build such a reliable car. Of course, we haven’t seen the full picture yet in terms of performance, and everybody will be excited to find that out in Australia. Before then, I will be in the factory working on more details in the simulator next week. But I feel ready to go for 2016!
|2||Carlos Sainz||Toro Rosso||1:23.134||133|
|4||Sergio Perez||Force India||1:23.721||60|
|5||Lewis Hamilton||MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS||1:24.133||69|
|6||Daniel Ricciardo||Red Bull||1:24.427||123|
|13||Nico Rosberg||MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS||1:26.140||70|