Barcelona Test Two – Day One
Driver: Valtteri Bottas
Chassis / Engine: FW38-02 / PU106C Hybrid
Location: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, 4.655km
Weather: Warm and Dry
Maximum air & track temps: 20ºC / 29ºC
Rod Nelson, Chief Test & Support Engineer:
Today was a very good day for us. The car ran faultlessly. We did lots of quite significant tests throughout the day as well as a bit of a qualifying simulation. We managed to get through our planned programme without any major problems, so overall we are really pleased.
It was a good day today. We managed to run without any major issues with the car. It was very interesting discovering more about the FW38 and what kind of set-ups work for this car. I think we managed to make progress. We did some short runs today which I really enjoyed. I still agree with what I said last week – we have improved in the areas where we were weak last year. I am looking forward to tomorrow and continuing testing.
Position Driver Team Best Time Best / Total Laps
1. N. Rosberg Mercedes AMG F1 Team 1:23.022 67 / 82
2. V. Bottas WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING 1:23.229 89 / 123
3. F. Alonso McLaren 1:24.735 81 / 93
4. K. Raikkonen Ferrari 1:24.836 36 / 72
5. D. Kvyat Red Bull Racing 1:25.049 50 / 69
6. L. Hamilton Mercedes AMG F1 Team 1:25.051 73 / 90
7. M. Verstappen Toro Rosso 1:25.176 141 / 144
8. N. Hulkenberg Force India F1 Team 1:25.336 120 / 121
9. F. Nasr Sauber F1 Team 1:25.493 99 / 103
10. K. Magnussen Renault Sport F1 Team 1:25.760 74 / 119
11. E. Gutierrez Haas F1 Team 1.26.661 12 / 23
12. R. Haryanto Manor F1 Team 1:27.625 42 / 45
Williams Martini Racing and Valtteri Bottas will be returning to track tomorrow for day two of the test.