Driver: Felipe Massa
Chassis / Engine: FW37-01 / PU106B Hybrid
Location: Jerez de la Frontera 4.428km
Objectives: Aero work, systems and reliability checks
Weather: Mild and dry
Air & track temps: 9 – 14ºC / 8 – 16ºC
Rod Nelson, Chief Test & Support Engineer: Today was another trouble-free day and so we completed our programme for the week. Today’s focus was on aero and mechanical set-up, as well as working through systems reliability. We have highlighted areas we need to improve before Barcelona and leave here with a reliable package that is straight forward to work with. I think we are all very happy.
Felipe Massa: The FW37 once again proved how reliable it was with an error free day. The car has been consistent over the last four days and we have made good progress. We have highlighted certain areas that need work and so will make sure the car is improving every time we take to the track. We have our feet on the ground and are focused on making this car quicker when testing continues in Barcelona.
Position Driver Team Best Time Best / Total Laps
1. K. Raikkonen Ferrari 1:20.841 77 / 106
2. M. Ericsson Sauber 1:22.019 101 / 112
3. L. Hamilton Mercedes 1:22.172 100 / 117
4. M. Verstappen Toro Rosso 1:22.553 60 / 97
5. F. Massa WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING 1:23.116 50 / 73
6. R. Grosjean Lotus 1:23.802 43 / 53
7. D. Kvyat Red Bull 1:23.975 60 / 64
8. J. Button McLaren 1:27.660 24 / 35
Williams Martini Racing will return to the track for the second test in Barcelona beginning on 18 February.