Chassis / Engine: FW37-02 / PU106B Hybrid
Location: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, 4.655km
Objectives: Set-up and Race sim
Weather: Warm and Dry
Air & track temps: 11 – 19 ºC / 12 – 28ºC
Rod Nelson, Chief Test & Support Engineer: We had a very busy plan today. The morning was tough due to the wind conditions which affected our chassis testing. In the afternoon we had a race-sim planned, but this was interrupted by three red flags, then once again in the final run of the day there was another red flag. All of these stoppages stilted our progression slightly and meant we couldn’t quite complete our plan. Throughout the whole test though we have gathered a lot of data and are prepared for the final test next week.
Valtteri Bottas: We completed quite a few laps today which was positive even though our programme was disrupted a few times. The FW37 remains reliable but we have quite a way to go before we are at the level we want to be, although we are on schedule. Both tests have been relatively issue free and so we have begun preparations for Australia and look forward to the final test next week.
Position Driver Team Best Time Best / Total Laps
1. R. Grosjean Lotus 1:24.067 97 / 111
2. N. Rosberg Mercedes 1:24.321 123 / 131
3. D. Kvyat Red Bull 1:24.941 60 / 104
4. F. Nasr Sauber 1:24.956 32 / 73
5. V. Bottas WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING 1:25.345 124 / 129
6. C. Sainz Toro Rosso 1:25.604 55 / 88
7. S. Vettel Ferrari 1:26.312 54 / 76
8. N. Hulkenberg Force India 1:26.591 32 / 36
9. F. Alonso McLaren 1:27.956 19 / 20
WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING will return to the track for the third and final winter test in Barcelona beginning on 25 February.