Driver: Felipe Massa
Chassis / Engine: FW37-02 / PU106B Hybrid
Location: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, 4.655km
Objectives: Systems, set-up and tyre work
Weather: Warm and Dry
Air & track temps: 4 – 15ºC / 9 – 27ºC
Rod Nelson, Chief Test & Support Engineer: It has been another productive day. Barcelona is a good representative circuit so the data we get here is very useful. We had a lot of work to do with Felipe which we covered. Our focus is moving from reliability and long runs to more performance based tests and I am pleased with how the car has run so far in Barcelona.
Felipe Massa: The car has a lot of potential and today we realised some of that but we still have a lot of work to do. We completed the programme for the day without any unexpected issues. The work on tyres this afternoon gave us a lot of good data which we now have to look at. Getting more laps in the FW37 is important for the continued development of the car.
Position Driver Team Best Time Best / Total Laps
1. D. Ricciardo Red Bull 1:24.574 49 / 143
2. K. Raikkonen Ferrari 1:24.584 37 / 90
3. F. Massa WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING 1:24.672 78 / 88
4. S. Perez Force India 1:24.702 39 / 121
5. L. Hamilton Mercedes 1:24.923 80 / 89
6. N. Rosberg Mercedes 1:25.556 36 / 66
7. F. Alonso McLaren 1:25.961 34 / 59
8. J. Palmer Lotus 1:26.280 60 / 77
9. M. Ericsson Sauber 1:27.338 46 / 113
10. C. Sainz Toro Rosso 1:28.945 18 / 100
WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING will be back on track tomorrow with Felipe driving in the morning and Valtteri in the afternoon.