Barcelona Test T02 – Day One
Driver: Susie Wolff
Chassis / Engine: FW37-02 / PU106B Hybrid
Location: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, 4.655km
Objectives: Race simulation, systems and reliability checks
Weather: Warm and Dry
Air & track temps: 4 – 17ºC / 12 – 27ºC
Rod Nelson, Chief Test & Support Engineer: We have had a reasonably successful day adding mileage to the FW37. The morning’s focus was on completing a race distance and further set-up work with the car. This afternoon we had some system checks planned, but unfortunately lost a lot of time which affected the programme. We will be able to add these back in later in the week, it’s just a shame for Susie to lose the time in the car when we were having a productive day.
Susie Wolff: We learnt a lot today. Carrying out some longer runs in the morning gave me experience of tyre management and it was good to get time in the FW37. The car has a lot of potential and the number of laps we completed today gave the team a lot of data. It’s just a shame I didn’t get the chance to drive the faster tyre. I got a good feeling of the car and as a driver, have learnt a lot.
Position Driver Team Best Time Best / Total Laps
1. P. Maldonado Lotus 1:25.011 62 / 69
2. K. Raikkonen Ferrari 1:25.167 43 / 74
3. D. Ricciardo Red Bull 1:25.547 39 / 59
4. S. Perez Force India 1:26.636 21 / 34
5. F. Nasr Sauber 1:27.307 30 / 79
6. M. Verstappen Toro Rosso 1:27.900 38 / 94
7. J. Button McLaren 1:28.182 9 / 21
8. P. Wehrlein Force India 1:28.329 13 / 32
9. P. Wehrlein Mercedes 1:28.489 39 / 48
10. S. Wolff WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING 1:28.906 81 / 86
11. L. Hamilton Mercedes 1:30.429 10 / 11
Williams Martini Racing will be back on track tomorrow with Felipe Massa at the wheel.