Driver: Valtteri Bottas
Chassis / Engine: FW37-01 / PU106B Hybrid
Location: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, 4.655km
Objectives: Aero work and race procedure
Weather: Warm and Dry
Air & track temps: 8 – 17ºC / 11 – 26ºC
Rod Nelson, Chief Test & Support Engineer: We started the day doing some aero work comparing data and driver feel. We then moved onto a few performance based runs. Later in the day we worked on race procedure including some longer runs and grid simulations. We have had some new components that have performed as expected which has been productive. We have a busy final two days of the test as we optimise the time left until the first race.
Valtteri Bottas: It was nice to focus on performance today and work to get the lap times lower. We are working hard and still have two days left of the test so there is more still to do. The day was busy and we know there is still more to come, I feel positive and the balance was good. We still need to make sure we look at the longer runs and not just the one lap qualifying pace.
Position Driver Team Best Time Best / Total Laps
1. N. Rosberg Mercedes 1:22.792 86 / 106
2. V. Bottas WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING 1:23.995 71 / 90
3. F. Nasr Sauber 1:24.071 58 / 141
4. S. Vettel Ferrari 1:25.339 57 / 143
5. J. Button McLaren 1:25.590 87 / 101
6. P. Maldonado Lotus 1:26.705 126 / 140
7. M. Verstappen Toro Rosso 1:26.766 42 / 139
8. D. Kvyat Red Bull 1:26.965 43 / 84
9. N. Hulkenberg Force India 1:28.412 76 / 77
WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING will be back on track tomorrow with Felipe Massa behind the wheel of the FW37.