Driver: Felipe Massa
Chassis / Engine: FW37-01 / PU106B Hybrid
Location: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, 4.655km
Objectives: Aero and Chassis work
Weather: Overcast and dry
Air & track temps: 8 – 17ºC / 19 – 24ºC
Rod Nelson, Chief Test & Support Engineer: The programme was slightly upset by the rain in the morning, but that just meant we had more work to do in the afternoon. We managed to complete the planned schedule though and we have made some positive changes to the chassis, as well as some aero adjustments. We are now looking at what we will take to Australia to make sure we are prepared for the first race. It has been a good day, with no reliability issues.
Felipe Massa: It was a good day for us and the car behaved well. When we tried to use the new soft tyre we managed to get some quicker laps in. The FW37 never showed a sign of an issue and this has been the case since we arrived at the first test in Jerez. We are doing a lot of work and seem to be moving forward. I have just one more day in the car before the first race, so Saturday will be important.
Position Driver Team Best Time Best / Total Laps
1. F. Massa WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING 1:23.500 64 / 103
2. M. Ericsson Sauber 1:24.276 119 / 122
3. L. Hamilton Mercedes 1:24.881 13 / 48
4. D. Kvyat Red Bull 1:25.947 28 / 75
5. R. Grosjean Lotus 1:26.177 41 / 75
6. K. Raikkonen Ferrari 1:26.327 34 / 80
7. C. Sainz Toro Rosso 1:26.962 61 / 86
8. J. Button McLaren 1:31.479 4 / 7
WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING will be back on track tomorrow with Valtteri Bottas behind the wheel of the FW37.