Beer’s time came in the first session of the day which was held in dryer conditions, with the track surface becoming more treacherous as the day went on, with the final two sessions held in particularly tricky conditions.
Hillspeed’s Gustavo Lima was second quickest overall, 0.192s away from the ultimate pace, with Falco Wauer third for Enigma Motorsport.
Diego Menchaca was fourth quickest overall for Douglas Motorsport, having been fastest in the last three sessions of the day. Lanan Racing’s George Russell was fifth quickest, less than a second away from Beer’s time, with Tom Jackson sixth for Chris Dittmann Racing.
HHC duo Will Palmer and Raoul Hyman were classified seventh and eighth respectively, with Hillspeed’s Alfredo Zabalza ninth and Chris Middlehurst 10th for Mark Godwin Racing.
Speaking after testing, Beer commented: “First practice was quite good with plenty of free laps to really push the car to the limit and see what it felt like. After that it was very tricky on track with the conditions, but it’s good to be fastest at the end of the day, it shows we have pace.
“I’ve always liked the wet, but not when it’s too wet! But I always go well when it rains and I’m hopeful that if conditions remain the same for the rest of the weekend I can take some really good results.”
22 drivers from 12 different nationalities are entered for this weekend’s BRDC F4 opening round on the Silverstone GP circuit. Qualifying for the first race of the season takes place at 10.15am tomorrow (Saturday) with the first race starting at 14.10.
Silverstone pre-event test, combined classification:
1. Nicolas Beer, Sean Walkinshaw Racing, 2m26.151s
2. Gustavo Lima, Hillspeed, +0.192s
3. Falco Wauer, Enigma Motorsport, +0.316s
4. Diego Menchaca, Douglas Motorsport, +0.869s
5. George Russell, Lanan Racing, +0.918s
6. Tom Jackson, Chris Dittmann Racing, +1.784s
7. Will Palmer, HHC Motorsport, +1.817s
8. Raoul Hyman, HHC Motorsport, +2.006s
9. Alfredo Zabalza, Hillspeed, +2.122s
10. Chris Middlehurst, Mark Godwin Racing, +2.124s
11. Jordan Albert, Sean Walkinshaw Racing, +2.613s
12. David Wagner, Mark Godwin Racing, +2.644s
13. Rahul Mayer, Hillspeed, +2.675s
14. Arjun Maini, Lanan Racing, +2.693s
15. Gaetano di Mauro, Petroball, +2.700s
16. Charlie Eastwood, Douglas Motorsport, +2.848s
17. Sennan Fielding, HHC Motorsport, +3.565s
18. Diego Borrelli, Sean Walkinshaw Racing, +4.663s
19. Struan Moore, Lanan Racing, +5.329s
20. Rodrigo Fonseca, Douglas Motorsport, +6.891s
21. Michael Claessens, Mark Godwin Racing, +9.374s
22. Dan Roeper, Petroball, +12.320s