1. Nico, you’re joining Force India in the test and reserve driver role this season. What are your feelings about starting your new job with the team?
I feel excited about my new home in F1. I am looking forward to working here and of course I am especially looking forward to driving the car for the first time. The team have made a huge leap forward within the last years and I want to be a part of the next step.
2. What can you bring to the team?
Last year was very important for me. I could gain lots of experience and had a good team-mate. I learned a lot from him on how to help developing a car in the right direction. I’m bringing a high level of motivation and will give my very best to be helpful for the team.
3. How will you keep yourself motivated this year as a test driver?
Well, of course I’d rather be a race driver, but the most important is that I stay within the F1 circus. Every driver wants to compete in races – that is what we are all driving for. But my motivation is to convince the team of my skills in order to be back in a race cockpit in 2012.
4. What will your plans be from now until the start of the season?
I will work with my physiotherapist for some days, work with the Force India engineers in the factory and drive the car a few days of the winter testing.
5. Have you been at the factory getting to know the team and the new engineering team you’ll work with?
Yes, I have. We had to do a seat fit and discuss some other things. The team left a very good impression and I think we will be a good combination and bring the team forward.
6. What do you make of your new team-mates?
These are two great guys. Adrian and I were direct competitors last year, I like him personally. Also Paul is a sympathetic guy and had a very successful career so far, he could bring some surprises to the team.